Spring is a season of growth and renewal, and for many companies in Logistics, it’s also a time to hire new employees. Whether you’re looking to fill your entry-level roles or build out your leadership team for the long term, here are some tips to help you make the most of your springtime hiring efforts:
- Start early: Spring is a busy time for hiring, so it’s important to get a head start. Start posting job openings and reaching out to potential candidates as early as possible to avoid getting lost in the crowd.
- Refresh your job descriptions: Take some time to review and update your job descriptions to ensure they accurately reflect the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. If you want someone with no non-compete, with X amount of experience in Refrigerated freight, and who must work remotely, make sure you have all your requirements down. Be clear about what you are looking for, so that when you see it, you can snag that candidate.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter can be great tools for reaching a wide audience of potential candidates. Consider posting job openings and sharing updates about your company culture and values to attract the right people.
- Streamline your application process: Simplify your application process by eliminating unnecessary job interview steps. The more interview steps a job has, the more likely you will lose the candidate due to interview exhaustion. See if there is a step or two you can eliminate or combine into a panel-type interview.
- Conduct virtual interviews: With many people still working remotely, virtual interviews are becoming more common. Consider using video conferencing software like Zoom or Skype to conduct initial interviews, and be sure to provide clear instructions and test the technology beforehand.
- Be transparent: Be upfront and transparent with candidates about the hiring process and what they can expect. Provide regular updates on their status and let them know if there are any delays or changes. It’s a candidate-driven marketplace right now which means if you are slow to respond, a candidate might choose another opportunity!
- Ask for help If needed: Using a recruiting firm that specializes solely in Logistics like Top Talent can save your team a lot of headaches in the hiring process. Having an outside firm focus on your hiring efforts allows you to focus on what you do best: moving freight. We have 100+ years of combined freight brokerage experience on staff from top to bottom. If there’s a position within Logistics, chances are someone on our staff has worked that position. Don’t be afraid to use a recruiting firm with a proven track record of finding talent within the freight brokerage industry.
By following these tips, you can make the most of your springtime hiring efforts and find the right people to help your freight brokerage grow and thrive!
About Top Talent
With over 90 years of Logistics experience, Top Talent is a recognized leader in Talent Acquisition for Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain. Let us put our team to work for you. To learn more about successful strategies for getting those impact players and game-changers on your team, reach out to us today.
– Michael Monson
President and CEO
Top Talent LLC